Sunday, June 20, 2021

Great Father's Day Quotes

A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. Unknown

She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father. Harper Lee, American novelist

Dad, my mind still talks to you. My heart still looks for you. My soul knows you are at peace. Unknown

The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family. Reed Markham, author

Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song. Pam Brown, author

‘Father’ is the noblest title a man can be given. It is more than a biological role. It signifies a patriarch, a leader, an exemplar, a confidant, a teacher, a hero, a friend. Robert L. Backman, lawyer

He was a father. That’s what a father does. Eases the burdens of those he loves. Saves the ones he loves from painful last images that might endure for a lifetime. George Saunders, writer

Life is different without him, but I am grateful I got to call him my dad.

When I remember my dad, I smile each time. He taught me not to take life too seriously. He was always in good spirits, even until the day he died.

Every time I think of my father, two things come to mind and I always say them slowly, inaudibly but loud enough to rock every fibre of my being: Dad, thank you for your forbearance and love without which it would be impossible to raise a difficult son like me. And dad, forgive me for not doing it better as a son. You know it well that I could raise the bar but failed miserably. Yet, in my highs and lows you were there all the way. Huithiang

Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was. Hebrew Proverb

No matter where I am, your spirit will be beside me. For I know that no matter what, you will always be with me. Tram-Tiara T. Von Reichenbach

If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever. Winnie the Pooh

May each tear and each fond memory be a note of love rising to meet you. Jennifer Williamson

Deeply, I know this, that love triumphs over death. My father continues to be loved, and therefore he remains by my side. Jennifer Williamson

You will always be in my heart because in there you’re still alive. Jamie Cirello

When I was little I bragged about my firefighting father: my father would go to heaven, because if he went to hell he would put out all the fires. Jodi Picoult

No comments:

Post a Comment