Saturday, June 19, 2021

Inspiring Father's Day Quotes

 

Courtesy: www.viacharacter.org

    Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love. Unknown

 ·         A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. Billy Graham

 ·         What makes you a man is not the ability to have a child — it’s the courage to raise one. Barack Obama

 ·         No man stands taller than when he stoops to help a child. Abraham Lincoln

 ·         Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero. Fred Rogers

 ·         Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers and singers of song. Unknown

 ·         It is a wise father that knows his own child. William Shakespeare

 ·         A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead he picks you up, brushes you off and lets you try again. Unknown

 ·         A girl’s first true love is her father. Marisol Santiago

 ·         I think a father is someone, who loves unconditionally. There is no perfect formula, to who a father can be. Julie Hebert

 ·         How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted. Walter Scott

 ·         Father, Dad, Papa, no matter what you call them they influence our lives and they are the person we look up to. Catherine Pulsifer

 ·         My father, he was like the rock, the guy you went to with every problem. Gwyneth Paltrow

 ·         I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father's equal, and I never loved any other man as much. Hedy Lamarr

 ·         I would define a leader as a person who puts the welfare of the group above himself. It's the same thing with fathers. Etan Thomas, Fatherhood: Rising to the Ultimate Challenge

 ·         Being a father, being a friend, those are the things that make me feel successful. William Hurt

 ·         Recently I noticed my father's watch in a dark corner of my safety deposit box. Its presence there exemplified the great value I had assigned it. As I turned the watch in my hand, I remembered my father's commitment to being on time ... always ... if not early. Harold Ivan Smith

 ·         Part of the reason that Lombardi's players were willing to work with him was that he nurtured and cared for them like a father. When Lombardi succeeded, so did they. Donald T. Phillips

 ·         To be a father requires patience, love and giving up the 'all about me' attitude. Catherine Pulsifer

 ·         The most important influence in my childhood was my father. DeForest Kelley

 ·         There's sometimes a weird benefit to having an alcoholic, violent father. He really motivated me in that I never wanted to be anything like him. Dean Koontz

 ·         I inherited that calm from my father, who was a farmer. You sow, you wait for good or bad weather, you harvest, but working is something you always need to do. Miguel Indurain

 ·         The extension of the positive characteristics of a father can contribute more to the healing of a nation than all the money-laden do good programs combined. It is these caring, compassionate, respectful and loving attributes that can not only encourage and heal a family, but can be extended outward to a neighborhood, a town, a city, a territory, a region, and a country. Byron R. Pulsifer

 ·         I encourage all fathers to focus on the intangibles, because those are the gifts that make the difference. Asha Patrick

 ·         Part of being a successful father is taking extreme care of our children. The other part of that equation is that we must also take extreme care of their mother. Nate Dallas

·         What works for one couple or father may not work for another couple or father. You will need to research to locate or help find your comfort zone for you and your growing family. Jacob Westlin

 ·         You may not have an earthly father that cares for you, but you have an heavenly one that does. Angelina Talpa

 ·         Being a father means you have to think fast on your feet. You must be judicious, wise, brave, tender, and willing to put on a frilly hat and sit down to a pretend tea party. Matthew Buckley

 ·         The guys who fear becoming fathers don't understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man. The end product of child raising is not the child but the parent. Frank Pittman

 ·         The most precious things a father can provide are time, attention, and love.

 ·         Fathers provide not only support but also encouragement. Catherine Pulsifer

 ·         Fatherly love is the act of giving your life for the sake of someone else's needs. Nate Dallas

 ·         Regardless of the personal relationship you have with your own father, you have to aim to be better. Kirsten Watson

 ·         No man can possibly know what life means, what the world means, until he has a child and loves it. And then the whole universe changes and nothing will ever again seem exactly as it seemed before. L. Hearn

 ·         I have repeatedly stated and emphatically declared that the key to the restoration and preservation of a sane and healthy society is the salvaging of the male, especially as a responsible father. Myles Munroe

 ·         As fathers, we understand that we have the opportunity to image forth God's love to our family. Matt Click

 ·         Being a father is a privilege. It is nothing short of amazing! Larry Hagner

 ·         Being a father truly is a blessing and a role not to be taken for granted. Derek Polen

 ·         The guys who fear becoming fathers don't understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man. The end product of child raising is not the child but the parent. Frank Pittman

 ·         A father should present the fundamental qualities of leadership, responsibility, and accountability, as well as the capabilities of planning, disciplining, and loving. Fathering is a full-time job. Myles Munroe

·         Never before in the history of men and women have expectant fathers been so involved in the pregnancy process. Harlan Cohen

 ·         So, like all proud fathers do, I boasted about all of their successes and all of the joy they bring to my wife and me. Dennis Lominac

 ·         You know, fathers just have a way of putting everything together. Erika Cosby

 ·         I believe the heart of the heavenly Father is reflected in the heart of the earthly father. Nathan Lorick

 ·         Fathers are an integral part of the family for their contribution to the household by care giving and ensuring the healthy development and well-being of children and families. Ola Akinmade

 ·         Life would be so much poorer without children to dote on and boast of. Huithiang

 ·         At home I was blessed with a strong role model for a father, and on the field I was equally blessed to have the best coaches an athlete could ask for. Each and every lesson a coach taught me has shaped me into the person and father I am today. Tom Limbert

 ·         A father is a banker provided by nature. French Proverb

 ·         No duty in my life is more important or more sacred than my role as a husband and father. That is where my true character is most accurately seen, and it is the best single gauge of my overall success or failure as a leader and role model. John MacArthur

 ·         Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! Lydia M. Child

 ·         I'm convinced that a father's role in child-raising should never be underestimated. Fathers play a crucial role in their children's emotional and physical well-being and in the choices they make about how to live their lives now and in the future. Nicoline Ambe

 ·         We are coming to understand as fathers that our relationships with the important people in our lives - especially our children - are of paramount importance to feeling good about ourselves and feeling that our lives have meaning. Bruce Linton

 ·         I will always be your father, and I'II always do the best with the time I have with you. Byron Wilson

 ·         A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. Unknown

 ·         Perfectly imperfect sons become perfectly imperfect fathers. I pray that I'm as good a parent as my mother and father. Nick Vujicic

 ·         No amount of money can be paid for the relationship between a father and his sons and a father and his daughters. Willie Williams

 ·         To be your father is the greatest honor I have ever received. It allowed me to touch mystery for a moment, and to see my love made flesh. If I could have but one wish, it would be for you to pass that love along. After all, there is not much more to life than that. Kent Nerburn

 ·         A father never gives up on a son, not really, no matter how poorly he behaves at times or how many stupid decisions he makes. He tries to help that son learn how to become the man he was meant to be. Aleksandra Layland

 ·         A good father wants his son to succeed in life. But a good father knows that success is not having an easy life where everything is just provided, requiring nothing more from his son than a request. Gary Schulz

 ·         Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example rather than his advise. Charles F. Kettering

 ·         It was one of those moments when the bond between father and son is at fullest strength, and my own heart filled with gratitude for the sacrifices of my father that made this day possible. H. Lee Martin, Technomics

 ·         Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Pete Marivetch, John Maxwell, and others are all examples of a father's strong influence in the success of their children. Sometimes that influence leads in right directions and at other times not. But the strong father's influence provides identity, values, and confidence in the son or daughter. William Johnson

 ·         Lecturing to you will not make you a better father, because fatherhood is not a matter of conscious information; it's a matter of having the right frame of mind and the right pattern of reactions to children's behaviors and needs. Rob Wagner

 ·         Some men have wanted to be fathers for as long as they can remember. They have always seen themselves as fathers-to-be. Marcus Berkmann

 ·         I realized that to get through this thing called fatherhood, I would have to be stronger emotionally and physically than I had ever been before. Jeffrey Dumroese

 ·         Fatherhood has made me more vulnerable than any other experience. It has humbled me, healed me and transformed me. Craig Wilkinson

 ·         Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person. Naveen Jain

 ·         I would define a leader as a person who puts the welfare of the group above himself. It's the same thing with fathers. Etan Thomas

 ·         By examining the different ideas about fatherhood in the ancient and modern worlds, studying the diaries of fathers, interviewing present-day fathers, and making use of other kinds of empirical research, we learn something that most of us already knew: fathers matter. Adrienne Burgess

 ·         Fatherhood is a lifetime responsibility with its challenges, sweetness and bitterness. Oluwakemi Ola-Ojo

 ·         Fathers are expected and assumed to be the leaders of their family and leaders within their respective homes. Akil White Khalid

 ·         Becoming a father is one of the most important, exciting, absorbing and life-changing events in a man's life. There is nothing like it, and nothing that can fully prepare you for it. Tim Atkinson

 ·         What I think is happening is not that men value work less, but that fatherhood is becoming equally important. While work was once the only source of meaning for a man, fatherhood and parenting have become as important to his self-esteem as his work. Bruce Linton

 ·         No matter what challenges life throws at you, your father will always be there for you.

 ·         Becoming a good father is not about learning five practical handy techniques that can be pulled out of the kitbag whenever they're needed. It's a mind game. It's about having a set of attitudes and ideas that shape what you do in the thousands of different situations you find yourself in as a dad. Tony Payne

 ·         I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. Umberto Eco

 ·         To my father, If I can become half the man he is, I'll have achieved greatness. Unknown

 ·         My father taught me that the only way you can make good at anything is to practice, and then practice some more. Pete Rose

 ·         Becoming a good father is not automatic - it takes time and effort. We must be willing to invest in this job - our most important, second to being a husband - as any other career we might pursue. John C. Maxwell

 ·         Having a baby is the best thing that can happen to a person, the hard part is to benefit from this opportunity, to handle all the work and on top doing a good job as a father. Ricardo Oliveira

 ·         Studies show that when a baby, child, or teenager has a good father, that child will soar. Meg Meeker

 ·         No duty in my life is more important or more sacred than my role as a husband and father. That is where my true character is most accurately seen, and it is the best single gauge of my overall success or failure as a leader and role model. John MacArthur

 ·         I hope I am remembered by my children as a good father. Orson Scott Card

 ·         He'll never be as good a mother as you. Just like you will never be as good a father as him. Jacqueline Fisch

 ·         I thank my father, for being the support that he has been, unrelenting, reliable and solid. Betsy George

 ·         My father taught me a good lesson: Don't get to low when things go wrong. And don't get too high when things are good. Robert Perish

 ·         Still, it is a little disconcerting to consider that my father has been proven right about nearly everything he cautioned me against, warned me to avoid, or emphatically told me not to do! Nick Vujicic

 ·         I take pride in knowing that of all the things I have accomplished, no success or honor is greater than that of being a father. Les Brown

 ·         My father once said, 'If the whole world wants to go left and you feel like going right, go right. You don't have to follow. You don't have to make a big deal about which way you're going. Just go. It's very easy'. Yanni

 ·         I was fourteen when my father died. I missed everything about him. He taught us that we shouldn't be people of success; we should be people of values, because that was the only thing that endured. Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

 ·         My father taught me to work, but not to love it. I never did like to work, and I don't deny it. I'd rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh - anything but work. Abraham Lincoln

 ·         My father taught me that one of the most important abilities in life is to be able to take the pain and persevere, and for years this lesson had served me well. Yanni

 ·         When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. Mark Twain

 ·         My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. Jim Valvano

 ·         It is a wise father that know his own child. William Shakespeare

 ·         One of the greatest needs of this age is for responsible and committed fathers. Bishop Charles Edward Blake Sr.

 ·         But just past that polite, absentminded demeanor was a bold, creative, insightful mind, and people who spoke to him for even a few minutes walked away knowing they had encountered something extraordinary. If you had to choose one guy to lead you off a cliff with his crazy idea, my father was that guy. Amanda Gefter

 ·         To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. Euripides

 ·         If you fully understood just how profoundly you can influence your daughter's life, you would be terrified, overwhelmed, or both. Meg Meeker

 ·         The connection between father and daughter took me by surprise. Her birth revealed a love that I never knew existed. Kevin Patrick

 ·         It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life. Dawn French

 ·         I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. Sigmund Freud

 ·         A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you. Dimitri the Stoneheart

 ·         No one in this world can love a girl more than her father. Michael Ratnadeepak

 ·         Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing father. Unknown

 ·         It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was. Anne Sexton

 ·         The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get. Tim Russert

 ·         My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see the future. Liza Minnelli

 ·         A father carries pictures where his money used to be. Steve Martin

 ·         Nine years after my father’s death, I sensed his presence with the pores of all my being and needed him more than ever. Huithiang

 ·         No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much. Hedy Lamarr

 ·         A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow. Unknown

 ·         A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. Unknown

 ·         If you know my father, you would know what our Heavenly Father will be like. Huithiang


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment